HOW NEGOTIATION SKILLS SHOULD BE APPLIED IN BUSINESS
Believe it or not, big or small, you’re always negotiating and negotiation skills are some of the most important and powerful skills you could ever develop for a successful career in business.
Now contrary to popular belief, you don’t have to be a born negotiator, it can also be a learned skill. In fact, great negotiators are made not born. It’s a skill that can be learned, honed, and mastered.
Cr8tify is a modern-day marketing and sales company structured to deliver results. We are a performance-based agency and we are here to get you new clients and help grow a flourishing business.
NEGOTIATION IN BUSINESS
You don’t need to have a win/lose the negotiation. In fact, the best deals are win/win for both parties.
But you can’t possibly have a win/win deal if you don’t understand what the other party wants. Can you?
With that in mind, you don’t have to be a ruthless negotiator either. This is because ruthlessness isn’t a good trait to have in business. You’ll only come across as demanding and develop a bad reputation. So when it comes to negotiation, all you have to do is ask for what you want at the right time.
Sounds simple, but there’s a big difference between asking and demanding.
You can use these secrets to get better deals, save money, close more sales, and obviously make more money.
Here’s a small snippet of what you’ll discover inside negotiation secrets:
There’s a reason why you should never confuse closing with negotiation. They are very different and this will make or break your deal-making abilities.
- UNDERSTAND THE OTHER PARTY: This is quite easy because you really need to learn the dos and don’ts and the pattern of operation of your counterpart. It’s easier to acter to a need that you’ve identified. This not only gives you a good negotiation standpoint but also gives you an upper hand. Take time to figure out what the need is or what the other party lacks and the go-ahead to negotiate from that standpoint.
- LISTEN: Giving the other party the opportunity to actually talk and air their views and needs aid in negotiation skills. Research the portfolio.
- CREATE SOLUTIONS USING THEIR MOTIVATION: You only got this far because the other side sees the value in your offer. If there’s a delay or a hesitation from the other party in shaking hands over a negotiation, go back to their motivation and goals. Doing this reminds them of the reason they came to you or gave you an audience in the first place.
- PRESENT CASE STUDIES: Be descriptive in your processes and steps on how to achieve everyone’s goals. This helps the other party recognize your value. You want everyone’s expectations to be concise and clear in this collaborative effort called negotiation.
- REDUCE THE RISKS: Everyone loves no-brainer deals, so give your counterpart one when negotiating.
- KNOW WHEN TO PULL AWAY: A good negotiation skill is one in which both parties don’t get caught up convincing themselves that only one party is going to win. Recognizing negotiation as a collaborative effort deflates the chances of selfish offers and hurtful interests.
Negotiation skills are a must-have for anyone wanting to succeed in business at the highest levels.
So, don’t waste another second trying to negotiate better terms until you see what’s inside this powerful program. Click here to schedule a one-on-one session.